Here are some light reflections to help you enjoy your summer holidays and stay in a positive frame of mind.
- Enjoy these long summer days.
- Write down a vision for your future.
- Organise and store what books/materials that you need/don’t need for September.
- Take a step above it all and have a closer look at what you are doing.
- Once in a while, do something nice for someone. People appreciate generosity.
- Set goals. Even if you don’t meet them, you are still moving in the right direction.
- Let people make their own mistakes, sometimes all you can do is advise them.
- Find yourself a role model for time management.
- Don’t spend any full day on the internet and mobile phone.
- If you have a particular problem, talk to someone who has been there.
- Be careful who you share your dreams with.
- Try and expand your circle of friends.
- Record on a sheet all the good things in your life and ignore the negative bits.
- Don’t fear change. Tackle it head on. Go for it.
- Write a wish list for the summer. Make it fun.
- Every so often, take time away from your devices and sit in silence.
- Reconnect with friends you have lost touch with over the last year or so.
- Go for walks outside in the fresh air – early morning and late night air is the best.
- Enjoy each sunny day and don’t take it for granted.
- Make a kind gesture to someone without asking for thanks or payment.
- Be kind to your Parents. They have made a big effort to help you this year.
- Get back into the sports and activities you missed out on this year.
- Keep your bedroom tidy and clean up after yourself at home.
- Record on a sheet all the things you are doing right in life – Focus on the positives.
- Bring back the lol’s.
To view last weeks feature article on ‘Students: Practice thinking critically’, click here.
More details about Joe’s ACE Maths Tuition classes for Junior Cycle and Leaving Certificate Students (2022), ACE Maths Assessments, and his Award winning ACE Maths Solution Books can be found via the links below.