ACE Career Coaching
(New for 2019)
Following on from my recent successful publication of “How to ACE the Leaving Certificate” for all Subjects and my commencement of a Diploma in Personal and Business Coaching , I am delighted to announce that I will be offering a Career Coaching Package for ALL Secondary School Students and their Parents commencing the end of January 2019.
I am very much looking forward to sharing my many years expertise with you the Student (and your Parents) in order to help you overcome barriers and excel in Secondary School.
During a pre-booked session (in either of my bases, Navan or Athlone – See T&C’s below), I will offer my opinion, advice and competence in areas of concern for both you and your Parents and provide you with the relevant resources and Information you require.
ACE Career Coaching Topics to Choose From
Parents and Students, If the answer is yes to any or many of the below twenty four questions, contact me now to discuss and reserve your appointment for 2019:
ACE Secondary Guidance
- Do you as a Parent need guidance on any aspect of your Child’s Secondary School experience? 
- Does your Child need advice on settling into Secondary School? 
- Could your Child use tips on how to maximise their evenings (Homework/Study/Leisure balance)? 
- Would your First Year Child like guidance on Secondary School expectations/subjects etc..? 
- Would your Child like some Pointers on how to prepare a Presentation and the skills required to deliver one? (The new Junior Cycle involves doing class presentations (CBA’s) in a number of subjects) 
- Would your First Year child like some help with organising themselves as they move to Secondary School (Packing their bag, sorting materials for class, their new timetable, using their locker etc)? 
- Does your Child need help in setting up a ‘Lifestyle Study Timetable’? 
- Would your son/daughter like an assessment of where they are at in relation to the Higher Level Maths standard? (Particularly created for 1st and 5th Year students) 
ACE Career Options
- Would your Child like an assessment of their Interest Profile to help guide their future choices? 
- Would your Child like some guidance in creating a Curriculum Vitae (CV)? 
- Would your Child benefit from doing a Mock Interview? 
ACE Third Level
- Could your Child do with guidance on subject choice and how it might affect their Third level options? 
- Would you or your Child require an overview of the CAO system and choosing Third level courses? 
- Do you need more Information on alternative Third Level options (e.g. Doing a PLC course to branch into a Degree course) or on new Apprenticeship/Trainee courses (‘Earn as you Learn’)? 
- Do you need more Information about special entry routes to Third level for eligible candidates: HEAR (Higher Ed Access Route) and DARE (Disability Access Route to Ed)? 
ACE Exam Focus
- Does your Child need Information on the most efficient ways to Study and Revise? 
- Would your Child like to know the key Ingredients to doing well in Exams? 
- Would your Child like an Insight into Preparing a difficult Subject (e.g. Maths)? 
- Would your Child be Interested in finding out the best ‘Junior and Leaving Cert Hacks’ ? 
- Could your Child use some Stress busting techniques as the Exams approach? 
ACE Parental Information
- Could you as a Parent do with some helpful recommendations around Exam time? 
- Would you or your Child like some useful tips in relation to improving their diet during school time? 
- Would you like some advice around keeping your Child safe on the Internet? 
- Would you as a Parent like a crash course in Social Media or Basic Computer usage? 
Our discussions during your session can focus on up to five of the above areas and I will give you my expert advice and resources afterwards to help you in the best way possible.
Sessions will be made available for ALL STUDENTS from 1st through 6th year, not just those in Exam years. Parents will be very much included in the process.
The ACE Career Coaching Package
As part of the ACE Package you will receive:
- Up to Ninety minutes Career Coaching time on your chosen topic(s).
- A complimentary copy of my new text book which focuses on excelling in Exams and is entitled “How to ACE the Leaving Certificate” for all subjects. I will talk you through this book and show you how to use it to your advantage. View details here: https://acesolutionbooks.com/product/ace-the-leaving-cert/
(Retailing @ €12.99)
- A complimentary copy of one of my ACE Maths Exam Paper Solution Books of your choice (Junior Higher, Leaving Ordinary or Leaving Higher). I will talk you through this book and show you how to use it in the most efficient way. View details here: https://acesolutionbooks.com/books/
(Retailing @ €16.99)
- Access to my expert career advice and support for a month after the date of your session to ensure any requested Information has been provided to you.
If the above is of Interest to you, e-mail me with your initial query to email@example.com entering ‘Booking Query’ in the Subject Line or message me directly from my Facebook page ACE Solutions Facebook Page
If there is an area you would like Information on as part of your session, not listed above, please put this in your Initial e-mail. For details of over one hundred and fifty recommendations from Students, Parents and Teachers in relation to my work, click this link:
ACE Career Coaching References (Click to Open)
Ms. Joanne Harvey (Parent of Transition Year Student)
Mr. & Mrs. Liam Patel (Parents of Fifth Year Student)
Ms. Fiona Mannion (Parent of Sixth Year Student)
Ms. Geraldine and Ciaran Brady (Parents of Sixth Year Student)
Other ACE References (Click to Open)
Ms. Diane McSweeney (Senior Cycle School Coordinator – Trinity Access Programmes
Ms. Amy Smyth (Information & Advocacy Coordinator at Dyslexia Association of Ireland)
Mr. John McAloon (Manager of McAloon’s Centra Bookshop Navan)
Ms. Marie Kinsella (Parent of University Student)
ACE Newspaper Articles (Click to Open)
(Meath Chronicle, Westmeath Examiner, Connaught Telegraph & Johnstown Times)
How to ACE Your Exams Article 1 (Meath C, Westmeath E & Connaught T)
How to ACE Your Exams Article 2 (Meath C, Westmeath E & Connaught T)
How to ACE Your Exams Article 3 (Meath C, Westmeath E & Connaught T)
How to ACE Your Exams Article 4 (Meath C, Westmeath E & Connaught T)
How to ACE Your Exams Article 5 (Meath C, Westmeath E & Connaught T)
How to ACE Your Exams Article 6 (Meath C, Westmeath E & Connaught T)
LMFM – The Late Lunch (2017) with Gerry Kelly – ACE Junior and Leaving Certificate Maths
LMFM – The Late Lunch (2018) with Gerry Kelly – How to ACE the Leaving Certificate (All Subjects)
LMFM – The Late Lunch (2019) with Gerry Kelly – How to prepare better for upcoming exams
Together FM – ‘Together Meets Show’ with Host Mary Farrelly – ACE Your Exams
Other ACE Articles/Links of Note(Click to Open)
- Career Coaching Sessions will involve a travel fee should I need to visit your home or travel to somewhere apart from Athlone or Navan.
- If a follow up session is requested, the fee due will be smaller than the Initial fee and will be advised to you prior to rebooking.