ACE Career Coaching
ACE Career Coaching founded by Educational Expert, Joe McCormack, offers a wide range of Programmes. Typical topics and challenges discussed are numbered one to twenty four below. The Programmes offered are as follows:
A. Secondary School Guidance Programme.
B. Career Options Programme.
C. Third Level Programme.
D. Exam Focus Programme.
E. Parental Information Programme.
ACE Career Coaching Programmes
A. Secondary School Guidance Programme
- Guidance on any aspect of your Child’s Secondary School experience. 
- Advice on settling into Secondary School. 
- Tips on how to maximise their evenings (Homework/Study/Leisure balance). 
- Guidance for your first year child on Secondary School expectations/subjects etc.. 
- Pointers on how to prepare a Presentation and the skills required to deliver one (The new Junior Cycle involves doing class presentations (CBA’s) in subjects). 
- Practical advice for your first year child as they transition to Secondary School (Packing their bag, sorting materials for class, a new timetable, using lockers etc). 
- Advice for your child to get set up with a ‘Lifestyle Study Timetable’. 
- Assessment of where they are at in relation to the Higher level Maths standard? (Particularly useful for 1st and 5th Year students). 
B. Career Options Programme
- An assessment of their Interest Profile to help guide their future choices. 
- Guidance in creating a Curriculum Vitae (CV). 
- The Practicalities of actually doing a Mock Interview. 
C. Third Level Programme
- Guidance on subject choice and how it might affect their Third level options. 
- An overview of the CAO system and choosing Third level courses.
- Information on alternative Third Level options (e.g. PLC courses branching into a Degree course) or on new Apprenticeship/Trainee courses (‘Earn as you Learn’). 
- Information about special entry routes to Third level for eligible candidates: HEAR (Higher Ed Access Route) and DARE (Disability Access Route to Ed). 
D. Exam Focus Programme
- Information on the most efficient ways to Study and Revise. 
- Advice on the key Ingredients to doing well in Exams. 
- Insights into Preparing a difficult Subject (e.g. Maths). 
- Applying the best ‘Junior and Leaving Cert Hacks’. 
- Using Stress busting techniques as the Exams approach. 
E. Parental Information Programme
- Helpful recommendations around Exam time. 
- Useful tips in relation to Improving their diet during school time. 
- Advice around keeping your Child safe on the Internet.
- A crash course (for Parents) in Social Media or Basic computer usage. 
Programmes are available for ALL STUDENTS from 1st through 6th year and taylored programmes of topics one to twenty four can be created to suit the students needs. Parents will be very much included in the process.
The ACE Career Coaching Package
As part of the ACE Package you will receive:
- Up to Ninety minutes Career Coaching time on your chosen topic(s).
- A complimentary copy of my new text book which focuses on excelling in Exams and is entitled “How to ACE the Leaving Certificate” for all subjects. I will talk you through this book and show you how to use it to your advantage. View details here: https://acesolutionbooks.com/product/ace-the-leaving-cert/
(Retailing @ €12.99)
- A complimentary copy of one of my ACE Maths Exam Paper Solution Books of your choice (Junior Higher, Leaving Ordinary or Leaving Higher). I will talk you through this book and show you how to use it in the most efficient way. View details here: https://acesolutionbooks.com/books/
(Retailing @ €16.99)
- Access to my expert career advice and support for a month after the date of your session to ensure any requested Information has been provided to you.
If the above is of Interest to you:
Results ACE Coaching has Delivered:
Ms. Fiona Mannion (Parent of Sixth Year Student)
Ms. Joanne Harvey (Parent of Transition Year Student)
Mr. & Mrs. Liam Patel (Parents of Fifth Year Student)
Ms. Geraldine and Ciaran Brady (Parents of Sixth Year Student)
Ms. Marie Kinsella (Parent of University Student)
ACE in the Media
My Top Ten Definitive Exam Hacks (Part 1) (Meath C, Westmeath E & Connaught T)
Deal Yourself the Best Cards on Exam Day (Meath C, Westmeath E & Connaught T)
Stress Busting Exam Advice (Meath C, Westmeath E & Connaught T)
Final Prep for Your Exams (Meath C, Westmeath E & Connaught T)
Sticking with the Sticky Subjects (Meath C, Westmeath E & Connaught T)
Top Exam Advice from Former Students (Meath C, Westmeath E & Connaught T)
With the Practicalities of the CAO, you always have options! (Meath C, Westmeath E)
Career Coach gives advice on Third Level Choices (Connaught T)
How to ACE Your Christmas Examinations (Meath C)
Mocks Should be Seen as an Opportunity to Embrace (Meath C)
LMFM – The Late Lunch (2017) with Gerry Kelly – ACE Junior and Leaving Certificate Maths
LMFM – The Late Lunch (2018) with Gerry Kelly – How to ACE the Leaving Certificate (All Subjects)
LMFM – The Late Lunch (2019) with Gerry Kelly – Prepare Better for Upcoming Exams
Together FM – ‘Together Meets Show’ with Host Mary Farrelly – ACE’ing Your Exams